This MySQL for Developers training teaches developers how to develop console and web applications using MySQL with their choice of the PHP, Java, or Python programming languages. Expert Oracle University instructors
will guide you through realistic hands-on activities to teach you how to use Connectors to access MySQL databases, query the database effectively, present data in different formats, and use MySQL support for “NoSQL”.
In this course, you will be introduced to the MySQL Cloud Service.
Program with Connectors.
Write console and web applications.
Optimize query performance.
Write stored routines and triggers.
Use the InnoDB memcached plugin for NoSQL access to your data.
Store, access, and analyze geospatial data.
Gain an understanding of the MySQL Cloud Service.
Benefits to You
This course will teach you how to write applications that maximize your investment in MySQL. You will learn best practice techniques for writing programs that store and retrieve MySQL data and present it to users in a
way that allows them to gain insight into that data.
- Secure your connections to the MySQL server
- Use prepared statements
- Guard against SQL injection
- Investigate and handle errors and warnings
- Create database-driven web applications
- Enable fast text search
- Respond to data changes and events
- Modify table data
- Use temporal and numeric functions in expressions
- Write queries that contain nested queries
- Safeguard concurrent queries by using transactions
- Find and fix poorly-performing queries
- Use NoSQL and JSON document stores
- Write stored programs
- Create MySQL client programs using Connectors
- Gain an understanding of the MySQL Cloud Service
Introduction to MySQL
Connectors and APIs
Handling Errors and Warnings
Building Database-Driven Web Applications
Tables and Views
Working with Strings
Working with Numeric and Temporal Data
Modifying Table Data
Triggers and Scheduled Events