This course will help you understand the basic concepts of administering a data warehouse. You'll learn to use various Oracle Database features to improve performance and manageability in a data warehouse.
Use parallel operations to reduce response time.
Extract, transform and load data.
Create, use and refresh materialized views to improve data warehouse performance.
Use query rewrite to quickly answer business queries using materialized views.
Use SQL access advisor and PL/SQL procedures to tune materialized views for fast refresh and query rewrites.
Identify the benefits of partitioning, in addition to using parallel operations to reduce response time for data-intensive operations.
Benefits To You
Expert instructors will also teach you how to extract, transform and load data into an Oracle database warehouse. Discover how to use SQL Access Advisor to optimize the entire workload. Use materialized views to
improve data warehouse performance and learn how query rewrites can improve performance.
- Use parallel operations to reduce response time for data-intensive operations
- Extract, Transform, and Load data in the data warehouse
- Create, use, and refresh materialized views to improve the data warehouse performance
- Use Query rewrite to quickly answer business queries using materialized views
- Use SQL Access Advisor and PL/SQL procedures to tune materialized views for fast refresh and query rewrite
- Use the features of compression and resumable sessions
- Review the basic Oracle data warehousing concepts
Data Warehouse Design: Overview
Data Warehouse Tuning Considerations
Parallel Operations in Data Warehouses
ETL: Extraction and Transportation
Refreshing Materialized Views
Working With Dimensions
Using the SQL Access Advisor, Compression, and Resumable Sessions