This Oracle Database 12c: Clusterware Administration training will explore general cluster concepts and Oracle Clusterware architecture. Work with expert Oracle University instructors through interactive instruction
and hands-on exercises to reinforce your learning.In this course, you will be introduced to Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service.
Perform Grid Infrastructure pre-installation tasks.
Install both Standard and Flex clusters.
Add and remove nodes from a cluster in addition to upgrading and patching existing Grid Homes.
Manage and administer both Standard Clusters and Policy-Managed Clusters.
Use Oracle Clusterware to make applications highly available.
Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service.
Benefits to You
Learn how to make applications highly available using Oracle Clusterware. You'll walk away with the ability to install, configure, manage and troubleshoot both standard and flex clusters. Furthermore, you will have
developed the skills to upgrade and patch Clusterware environments.
- Configure ASM disk groups
- Perform the prerequisite steps for extending a cluster
- Delete a node from a cluster
- Explain the principles and purposes of clusters
- Understand the scope and capabilities of what-if command evaluation
- Perform the different types of what-if command evaluation
- Install Grid Infrastructure for Standard and Flex clusters
- Add a Leaf node and a Hub node to a Flex cluster
- Understand Flex Clusters architecture and components
- Understand effect of node failure in Flex Clusters
- Verify the installation
- Describe Cluster hardware best practices
- Describe the Oracle Clusterware architecture
- Describe Clusterware architecture
- Install and configure Flex Clusters
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service
Introduction to Grid Infrastructure
Oracle Clusterware Architecture
Flex Cluster Architecture
Grid Infrastructure Pre-Installation Tasks
Installing Grid Infrastructure
Managing Cluster Nodes
Traditional Clusterware Management
Policy-Based Cluster Management
Patching Grid Infrastructure
Troubleshooting Oracle Clusterware
Making Applications Highly Available
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service Overview