This Oracle Database 12c: ASM Administration training teaches you about Oracle ASM architecture. Expert Oracle University instructors will help you develop a deeper understanding of both standard ASM and Flex ASM
applications. In this course, you will be introduced to Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service.
Administer ASM files, directories, templates, and disk groups.
Manage and administer Oracle Cloud File System and its components.
Configure and manage advanced CloudFS features like ACFS Auditing and Encryption, ACFS Replication and High Availability NFS.
Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds by learning about the
Oracle Database 12c Grid Infrastructure, specifically Oracle ASM.
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service
- Manage Flex ASM
- Employ ASM space management techniques
- Create and delete Automatic Storage Management (ASM) disk groups
- Set the attributes of an existing ASM disk group
- Perform ongoing maintenance tasks on ASM disk groups
- Explain key performance and scalability considerations for ASM disk groups
- Describe the Automatic Storage Management (ASM) architecture
- Use different client tools to access ASM files
- Describe the format of a fully qualified ASM file name
- Describe the components of ASM
- Explain and apply Automatic Storage Management (ASM) initialization parameters
- Manage ASM instances and associated processes
- Monitor ASM using the V$ASM dynamic performance views
- Understand Flex ASM architecture and components
- Understand ASM Deployment Alternatives
Oracle ASM Overview
Oracle ASM Instance Administration
Administering ASM Disk Groups
Administering ASM Files, Directories, and Templates
Administering Oracle Cloud File System
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service Overview