This Oracle Database 11g: New Features for Administrators DBA Release 2 training explores new change management features and other key enhancements in Oracle Database 11g Release 1 and Release 2. Participating in
hands-on practice sessions help reinforce your understanding of the new capabilities.
Implement manageability features to simplify database management.
Use change management features to master database changes.
Use database advisors to provide proactive database monitoring.
Increase data availability by using ASM, RMAN and Flashback feature enhancements.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling smooth and rapid consolidation within your Datacenter.
Utilize New Features to Manage Change
Topics covered include: the benefits and use of the new features in managing change, diagnosing and recovering from problems, ensuring high availability, improving scalability and performance and strengthening
security. Expert Oracle University instructors will also review several other areas that are of particular interest to database administrators.
- Install Oracle Grid Infrastructure
- Install Oracle Database 11g Release 2
- Use Oracle Restart to manage components
- Use Automatic Storage Management (ASM) enhancements
- Implement table compression and hybrid columnar compression
- Implement data warehousing and partitioning enhancements
- Use the SQL Performance Analyzer
- Use SQL Plan Management and load SQL plan baselines
- Use Database Replay to record and replay workloads
- Set and manage Automatic SQL Tuning
- Use Resource Manager enhancements
- Use Enterprise Manager to monitor SQL commands
- Use the new and enhanced RMAN features
- Use Total Recall to create, protect, and use history data
- Use Data Pump in legacy mode
- Use Data Recovery Advisor
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Installation and Oracle Restart
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: ASM, Storage and Partitioning Enhancements
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Oracle Partitioning and Security Features
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Using Change Management Solutions
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Intelligent Infrastructure Enhancements
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: SQL Monitoring and Performance Enhancements
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Application Performance Enhancements
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Backup, Recover, Archive, and Repair Data
Oracle Database 11g Release 2: Oracle Scheduler and Secure Backup